True that working professionals constantly live under the pressure of handling a number of projects. With this, they are distracted by a number of different elements like phone calls, emails, boss calls and others. So, amidst all this, having stress and sometimes even acute stress is not surprising. These days, people are constantly pushing themselves to work more in order to earn a better standard of living. However, in an attempt to give their hundred percent and maybe more than that, they end up only with the disappointments. To take you to the shore, this blog talks about some of the effective tips that can help you eliminating stress at work. Go through them discussed as under-
- Act and not react- The reputed psychiatrists in Delhi suggest that you should act to the situation and not react to it. When do you feel stressed? It is when you think that the entire situation has slipped off your hands. In this case, you should analyze what all aspects can you control and the ones that you don’t have control over. So, you better focus on the controllable ones and be impeccable about it. Once you have solved your part, much of your stress will be vanished. Let go the rest of it.
- Schedule day realistically- If your day schedule includes 10 hours of working instead of 8, to wind up all the tasks then it might not probably work. Doing this will only reduce your productivity and you won’t end up meeting all the deadlines. Instead, you must plan a realistic schedule with a little break after every 90 minute of dedicated working. This way, you will feel rejuvenated and will be able to give in more productivity. Also, a break of stretching at your desk, sipping a coffee and make a phone call at home will release your build up stress, making you concentrate on work better.
- Take a deep breath- Well, this might sound an age-old hack of controlling stress but it does work every time. Right after you have had an argument in a meeting, or are feeling stressed out, you can just deep breath for a couple of time. All you need to do is to inhale for 5 seconds, hold the breath and then exhale it out via nose. It is sure that you will be calmed in a few minutes only and will be able to concentrate on your work.
- Eat better and sleep best- The major reasons for stress is that lack of nutritional eating habits and not sleeping well. It is better to never overlook these factors and do give them importance. When you have had a good night’s sleep, you will notice that you are able to concentrate on your work better and will not feel sleepy at all. If you are unable to sleep at night then the psychiatrists suggest an effective trip i.e. to cover your right nostril and then breathe through left nostril for at least 5 minutes. This is the best sleep inducing technique. With this, you should focus on eating high protein diet but also a low-sugar diet.
- Try to cool down- But how do you do that when you have had a tensed meeting? You can do this by trying a cooling breath technique. Like you sip via straw, you here need to breathe in through mouth in the same way. So, you are breathing through your mouth but exhaling through your nose. The cool sensation on your tongue will make you feel relaxed. For sue, it will hit the stop button to all your anger and stress. And, when you are calm, it is definitely going to calm the other person as well.
- Burst self-imposed stress- The best psychiatrists in Delhi claim that more than half of our stress is imposed by our own self only. We assume, think and imagine situations and circumstances that do not actually exist in real but only in our minds. See, you have to be confident in your own skin only and not reply on what other people think of you. Better to shift your focus from other people thinking of you to what you are capable of. This will give you a boost and will augment your growth.
It is sure that following the above discussed tips are sure to calm your minds and will eliminate your stress to a much greater level. However, if your stress has become highly adverse then you should consult a psychiatrist in Delhi. The doctor will guide you with the most effective tips to eliminate and will even use stress management therapies and technique, depending upon the adversity of the situations. Thus, find the best psychiatrist by searching for one online, reading the customer reviews and get the right tips to manage your stress effectively. It’s time to cut on stress and add joys on life!