Depression is a mental illness, caused by reasons unknown. This is a state of mind when a person is unable to express his inner feelings to someone and losses himself in deep thought of something. Depression makes the person all alone. It’s really required to fight with this disorder. A timely treatment is the only thing that could help a person to recover from this problem. Many a times it’s really hard for a person to know that he is actually facing the problem. Anyone can develop depression. Clinical depression is typically caused by a combination of biological, genetic, and psychological factors.
A recent death or loss, family conflict or divorce, financial difficulties, major life transitions, and other stresses can be the reason for depression. It should also be emphasized that some depressive episodes can occur without identifiable causes. You may have no particular problem or worry, but symptoms can develop quite suddenly. Fighting with depression is a very important thing to win over this disorder. If you also feel that you are undergoing depression, then here are few ways that could help you in lowering the mental problem.
- Alcohol is one of the reasons that could take you in the worst condition of depression. Avoid the use of alcohol or addictive drugs. This is the best way for you to fight with the disorder at your own level. Self-control is always a necessary thing if you really wish to fight with depression.
- Perform some physical activity, such as walking every day. It is required that you should keep your body healthy and active and this is probably the best way.
- You can’t skip the daily food habit if you wish to recover from the problem. Eat a proper, well-balanced diet.
- Sleeping is probably the best medicine to fight over depression. Get adequate sleep. At least seven to eight hour sleep is necessary for you.
- You can’t fight with depression alone. Seek emotional support from friends and family. An outing with your loved ones is a great way to forget your mental pain.
- Make your schedule more manageable. Doing so will keep you engaged and you can better concentrate in your life.
So, these are few of the ways through which you can fight with depression. But parallel to this you must consult a doctor for the best advice. Consult psychiatrist in Delhi to help you fight with this problem. A good psychiatrist will help you in overcoming the entire problem well.
Dr. Shashi Kumar, MBBS, MD (Psychiatry), is a highly regarded psychiatrist in Delhi. With extensive education from esteemed institutions like Patna Medical College & Hospital and AIIMS, he has built a strong foundation in the field. Dr. Kumar’s expertise spans Adult Psychiatry, Depression, Anxiety, Old Age Problems, Epilepsy, Chronic Headaches, Psychosexual Disorders, and Addiction. He currently operates the Sri Ganesh Psychiatry Clinic in Shalimar Bagh and Rohini Sector 16, providing exceptional care to patients. Alongside his commitment to the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, he also serves at Max Hospital in Shalimar Bagh. Dr. Kumar’s reputation as one of the best psychiatrists in Delhi stems from his deep knowledge, experience, and dedication to improving mental health.