Do you feel unworthy being in a relationship? Do you constantly question yourself, “Why would anyone love me?”? If you are answering in yes to these questions then you are surely suffering from insecurity. Feeling insecure is an emotion where you give your self-esteem, good traits and positive aspects a backseat. You focus on things that you lack and not what you possess. Note that chronic insecurity can steal you of all the happiness and peace that you deserve in real. This means that you should train yourself to think positive and feel good about what you have and not crib over what you don’t have. This blog discusses some of the effective ways to stop feeling insecure in your relationship. Go through them discussed as under-
Effective ways to stop feeling insecure in your relationship
- Stop overthinking- The very first way that you must try is to stop overthinking. Just stop thinking that it is all about you even when it is not. For instance, if you want to go out but your partner refuses then don’t think that he/she doesn’t like your company or is intentionally denying. You need to understand that message behind their tone and analyze what they actually meant by saying no. You will realize that it’s all in your head and nothing is in real. You don’t have to ponder over the same thing time and again.
- Stop acting like a psycho- You really need to run your thoughts in the positive direction. See, your thoughts can either spoil your relationship or make it up. It is all in your hands and you must not forget that your thoughts have direct effect on the health of your relationship. If you keep on thinking that your partner will ditch you or will leave you for someone else then you need to stop thinking this way. Do not think about “how could they leave me” because they love you for what they are. This also indicates your fear and not any reality.
- Consider greys too- You should be mature enough to comprehend that life is not about only black and white but it has greys too. It is a normal reaction to get defensive when someone blames you for something that you haven’t done. It is better to confront your partner and clear out things. There might be some misunderstanding due to which that situation took place. You both can talk it out and make things crystal clear. On the other hand, if you have a problem then you must not point it out immediately but reach your partner with compassion and settle the things.
- Don’t be paranoid- If your partner is talking to an opposite sex then you don’t have to go paranoid but take it easy. It is perfectly normal if he/she is talking or meeting any old friend. It would not certainly mean that they are betraying you. You better not snoop into your spouse’s social media accounts just to check with whom they are talking and chatting. If you will continue thinking like this then it is likely that you become addictive of that behavior.
- Love yourself- Before you let anyone else love you, you should learn to love yourself first. If you are already struggling with the pains of past then it is better that you don’t allow anybody else in your life. You should first try to get overcome from the pain and agony that you are going through and then only try to invite new feelings.
- Stop carrying the baggage- If anything that gives you pain has happened in the past then you don’t have to cling to it forever. It is better to forgive the mistakes of your partner and move on without pointing at that thing again and again. Remember, it will only exacerbate the whole situation and will bring in more misunderstandings between you and your partner. Don’t carry the baggage. Put it off your shoulders and walk in your relationship freely.
If you will understand all the ways discussed above then you will be able to control the feeling of insecurity. However, if it has risen to the level that you feel no control over such emotion then it is the time that you must reach the best psychiatrist in Delhi. The psychiatrist will be all ears to your issues and will then provide you the most appropriate solution after analyzing the entire situation. They will even use different therapies to soothe your nerves and train your mind to think in a positive way. So, it is the time that you should give all your negative thoughts a backseat and think only positive. Reach the best psychiatrist if you need the help of a professional. Take care!