Stress, grief, sadness are normal feelings and experiences that everyone goes through, but it’s difficult to know that whether you need to consult a professional about the problem. There are many things that give you stress and tensions and you might even not know what the reason behind these. For the persons who are suffering from mental illness needs therapy that cures their illness. Therapy isn’t usually applicable for minor stress and worries especially when you have strong support of your friends and family. Those who feel themselves alone and don’t want to involve anyone in their personal matters they should contact a professional for discussing his or her problems.
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in mental illness and substance use disorder. Psychiatrists are qualified to access both mental and physical aspects of psychological problem. People seek psychiatric help for many reasons like, hallucinations, thought of suicide, hearing voices, panic attack etc. or some time it may be long term issues like hopelessness, sadness, anxiousness etc. If you or your loved is suffering from the same situations then you must need to consult a psychiatrist. Here are some points that will clear you when you need to seek a therapist.
- Feeling Sad, Angry, Stressed: if you are feeling sad, angry, stressed from past few days or your mood swings from time to time. You are unable to behave normally with your closed ones then it will be beneficial for you to consult a psychiatrist and seek therapy.
- You have lost someone or something special: feeling grief is very normal for everyone. It is really very painful to loss a loved one and it is not at all shameful to take a little help to get through the loss of a loved one, a divorce or a significant breakup, or a loss of job etc. especially if you have multiple losses in a very short time.
- You are using a substance to cope: are you observing yourself that you get addicted to alcohol or drugs in huge amount for your survival. If you are unable to control these then you may be suffering from addictive and compulsive behavior that requires treatment.
- Something traumatic happened: if you have a history of abuse, neglect or other trauma that you haven’t fully dealt with or if you find yourself victim of a crime or accident. Then it is important to seek help earlier to learn healthy ways to cope faster.
- Persistent headache for long time: if we are upset then it affects our body especially the upper part of our body. Headache is normal but if there persistent headache for long time then you should not avoid it and immediately consult a psychiatrist.
These are the five signs that you need to seek a therapy. If any of your loved one is suffering from these situations then you must consult a psychiatrist. There are professional psychiatrists in Delhi whom you can consult for therapy and get faster solution.