Dealing with daily stress? Looking out ways to de-stress yourself and live a peaceful life? Here we are with the most effective and tested tips that can greatly help you in relieving your stress. Stress can arise due to your worries about job, money, relationship, family, friends, studies or anything. Stress is a normal part of life but when you are over-stressed, it can invite various other physical and mental health issues. Due to such worries, the blood pressure of your body shoots high, heart rate increases with high metabolism and blood flow. The body reacts quickly and every nerve is strained.
While talking about the effects of stress on body, they are many. The stress leads to severe effects on brain and nerves giving you the feeling of headache, low energy, irritation, sense of despair, memory issues and disturbed sleeping pattern. The heart gets affected and gets faster heartbeats with the possibility of high cholesterol and risk of heart attack. Due to stress, you may also feel nausea, changes in your daily appetite, weight gain, heartburn and even stomach ache.
Besides all these effects, the major effect is on the reproductive organs. In women, stress can lead to irregular and painful periods and even low sexual desire while in men, stress can lead to impotency, low count of sperms and much reduced sexual desire. Thus, you must know that stress in no condition, is healthy for your body. If you are stressed out then you must take all the possible measures and do every bit to reduce it.
Below discussed are some of the important and effective tips that you can follow to release your stress. Read on further to know about them-
5 Tips to deal with daily stress
- No “superhuman” urge – You are a human and not a superhuman. Accept it. More than half of your stress, results from the expectations that you have from yourself. You should accept the fact that nobody is perfect and neither are you. You should not expect perfections both from the others and from yourself, as to err is human. Set realistic expectations that can be achieved and fulfilled. If you are taking too many responsibilities than you should actually handle, you are most likely to get stressed and depressed. You should set your limits- How much can you work? How much can you handle? What should you expect? Also, you should never hesitate to take help when you need it.
- Meditate- Taking out a 10 minutes time from your super hectic schedule is not asking for much, right? You should use this time to sit, relax and calm your mind, body & soul. Set a nice instrumental music that can relax the nerves of your brain and just spend time with yourself. In this time, you just have to introspect yourself, confront your stress and find the root cause of it. It will help you in sorting out your issues.
- Eat well- The type of food we eat does affect your mood. According to the psychiatrist and other health experts, having a balanced diet leads you to a stressful life. You should try to include more and more vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and other fruits. However, it is advisable to avoid oily and spicier foods, as they can trigger your brain cells and lead to anger and stress. But yes, you can enjoy your favorite foods.
- Take a break- How about taking a break and going on a vacation? An outing with your family or maybe, a solo vacation can keep your mood balanced. Going on a vacation will divert you from your daily, monotonous routine and yes, your daily life stress as well. It will rejuvenate your body, refresh your mind and will keep your mind at peace.
- Hobby time- If you are stuck in your daily schedule, from home to office and office to home then you must take out time for yourself. Whether you love sketching, swimming, reading books, watching movies, playing golf, doing puzzles or playing board games, you should do that. Even if you take out just 15-20 minutes, you are sorted. You will feel much more relaxed.
Getting the medical help
If you are in an acute stress and all the above discussed tips are hardly working for you then you should seek for a medical help. A reputed psychiatrist can extend help in this regard and can give you proper treatment to get over acute stress, and lead a mentally healthy life. You can reach the most experienced and best psychiatrist in Delhi by doing your own research about the medical professional and by going through the testimonials of that particular psychiatry clinic that you are planning to visit. Stay stress-free, Stay healthy!