True that working professionals constantly live under the pressure of handling a number of projects. With this, they are distracted by a number of different elements like phone calls, emails, boss calls and others. So, amidst all this, having stress and sometimes even acute stress is not surprising. These days, people are constantly pushing themselves to work more in order to earn a better standard of living. However, in an attempt to give their hundred percent and maybe more than that, they end up only with the disappointments. To take you to the shore, this blog talks about some of the effective tips that can help you eliminating stress at work. Go through them discussed as under-
- Act and not react- The reputed psychiatrists in Delhi suggest that you should act to the situation and not react to it. When do you feel stressed? It is when you think that the entire situation has slipped off your hands. In this case, you should analyze what all aspects can you control and the ones that you don’t have control over. So, you better focus on the controllable ones and be impeccable about it. Once you have solved your part, much of your stress will be vanished. Let go the rest of it.
- Schedule day realistically- If your day schedule includes 10 hours of working instead of 8, to wind up all the tasks then it might not probably work. Doing this will only reduce your productivity and you won’t end up meeting all the deadlines. Instead, you must plan a realistic schedule with a little break after every 90 minute of dedicated working. This way, you will feel rejuvenated and will be able to give in more productivity. Also, a break of stretching at your desk, sipping a coffee and make a phone call at home will release your build up stress, making you concentrate on work better.
- Take a deep breath- Well, this might sound an age-old hack of controlling stress but it does work every time. Right after you have had an argument in a meeting, or are feeling stressed out, you can just deep breath for a couple of time. All you need to do is to inhale for 5 seconds, hold the breath and then exhale it out via nose. It is sure that you will be calmed in a few minutes only and will be able to concentrate on your work.
- Eat better and sleep best- The major reasons for stress is that lack of nutritional eating habits and not sleeping well. It is better to never overlook these factors and do give them importance. When you have had a good night’s sleep, you will notice that you are able to concentrate on your work better and will not feel sleepy at all. If you are unable to sleep at night then the psychiatrists suggest an effective trip i.e. to cover your right nostril and then breathe through left nostril for at least 5 minutes. This is the best sleep inducing technique. With this, you should focus on eating high protein diet but also a low-sugar diet.
- Try to cool down- But how do you do that when you have had a tensed meeting? You can do this by trying a cooling breath technique. Like you sip via straw, you here need to breathe in through mouth in the same way. So, you are breathing through your mouth but exhaling through your nose. The cool sensation on your tongue will make you feel relaxed. For sue, it will hit the stop button to all your anger and stress. And, when you are calm, it is definitely going to calm the other person as well.
- Burst self-imposed stress- The best psychiatrists in Delhi claim that more than half of our stress is imposed by our own self only. We assume, think and imagine situations and circumstances that do not actually exist in real but only in our minds. See, you have to be confident in your own skin only and not reply on what other people think of you. Better to shift your focus from other people thinking of you to what you are capable of. This will give you a boost and will augment your growth.
It is sure that following the above discussed tips are sure to calm your minds and will eliminate your stress to a much greater level. However, if your stress has become highly adverse then you should consult a psychiatrist in Delhi. The doctor will guide you with the most effective tips to eliminate and will even use stress management therapies and technique, depending upon the adversity of the situations. Thus, find the best psychiatrist by searching for one online, reading the customer reviews and get the right tips to manage your stress effectively. It’s time to cut on stress and add joys on life!
Do you feel unworthy being in a relationship? Do you constantly question yourself, “Why would anyone love me?”? If you are answering in yes to these questions then you are surely suffering from insecurity. Feeling insecure is an emotion where you give your self-esteem, good traits and positive aspects a backseat. You focus on things that you lack and not what you possess. Note that chronic insecurity can steal you of all the happiness and peace that you deserve in real. This means that you should train yourself to think positive and feel good about what you have and not crib over what you don’t have. This blog discusses some of the effective ways to stop feeling insecure in your relationship. Go through them discussed as under-
Effective ways to stop feeling insecure in your relationship
- Stop overthinking- The very first way that you must try is to stop overthinking. Just stop thinking that it is all about you even when it is not. For instance, if you want to go out but your partner refuses then don’t think that he/she doesn’t like your company or is intentionally denying. You need to understand that message behind their tone and analyze what they actually meant by saying no. You will realize that it’s all in your head and nothing is in real. You don’t have to ponder over the same thing time and again.
- Stop acting like a psycho- You really need to run your thoughts in the positive direction. See, your thoughts can either spoil your relationship or make it up. It is all in your hands and you must not forget that your thoughts have direct effect on the health of your relationship. If you keep on thinking that your partner will ditch you or will leave you for someone else then you need to stop thinking this way. Do not think about “how could they leave me” because they love you for what they are. This also indicates your fear and not any reality.
- Consider greys too- You should be mature enough to comprehend that life is not about only black and white but it has greys too. It is a normal reaction to get defensive when someone blames you for something that you haven’t done. It is better to confront your partner and clear out things. There might be some misunderstanding due to which that situation took place. You both can talk it out and make things crystal clear. On the other hand, if you have a problem then you must not point it out immediately but reach your partner with compassion and settle the things.
- Don’t be paranoid- If your partner is talking to an opposite sex then you don’t have to go paranoid but take it easy. It is perfectly normal if he/she is talking or meeting any old friend. It would not certainly mean that they are betraying you. You better not snoop into your spouse’s social media accounts just to check with whom they are talking and chatting. If you will continue thinking like this then it is likely that you become addictive of that behavior.
- Love yourself- Before you let anyone else love you, you should learn to love yourself first. If you are already struggling with the pains of past then it is better that you don’t allow anybody else in your life. You should first try to get overcome from the pain and agony that you are going through and then only try to invite new feelings.
- Stop carrying the baggage- If anything that gives you pain has happened in the past then you don’t have to cling to it forever. It is better to forgive the mistakes of your partner and move on without pointing at that thing again and again. Remember, it will only exacerbate the whole situation and will bring in more misunderstandings between you and your partner. Don’t carry the baggage. Put it off your shoulders and walk in your relationship freely.
If you will understand all the ways discussed above then you will be able to control the feeling of insecurity. However, if it has risen to the level that you feel no control over such emotion then it is the time that you must reach the best psychiatrist in Delhi. The psychiatrist will be all ears to your issues and will then provide you the most appropriate solution after analyzing the entire situation. They will even use different therapies to soothe your nerves and train your mind to think in a positive way. So, it is the time that you should give all your negative thoughts a backseat and think only positive. Reach the best psychiatrist if you need the help of a professional. Take care!
The best way to slow down your personal goals is to think negative. Yes, you heard it right! Negative thinking can let you down to the level from where you can have the biggest troubles to rise again. Negativity attracts a person far more quickly than positivity. Once you are in the trap of negativity, you can gain that negative power to become toxic and put all good things at a stop. With such negative thinking, you will have nothing a dark cloud always above your head.
In order to prevent yourself from getting trapped into the vicious circle of negative thoughts or to come out of it (if you’re already there), we have for you some of the best tips & ways that can help to shoo away the negative thoughts. Go through them following-
8 ways to stop negative thinking
- Acknowledge negative thoughts- When you are having a negative thought, speak to it and acknowledge it. Just think about why you are having such thoughts. Are you tired, disappointed or hungry? Trying hard to push away the thoughts will only bring them back to you. It is better to give your internal voice a chance to recognize the thought and ask “is it actually a negative thought or I am just weaving a story?”. This might crush your negative thought immediately.
- Mingle with positive people- When you get around negative people, you tend to think negative. Yes, like you catch a cold when you are around people with a cold! It is better to examine your circle and if you think that your peer group is instilling in negativity in you then you should maintain a distance. Remember, negative people are never optimistic. So, get along with positive people and develop a positive thinking.
- Don’t push perfection in life- It’s okay if you are not perfect, if the shirt you’re wearing is not perfectly ironed or the dish you’re eating is not perfectly cooked. If you will keep on pointing out things and will remain fussy, you will be drained of all the happiness. Or if you are having your promotion next year than this year then don’t be dishearten. It would hardly make any difference to your goals in the longer run.
- Develop a healthy morning routine- A good life starts right in the early morning. You can develop this routine by making it a habit to exercise daily, read some positive blogs in the morning or maybe, listening to a motivational speaker. All this will give you a right track to be walked on. Remember, leaders replace the feeling of fear with belief & hope.
- Do breathing exercises- It is known that doing breathing exercises can help you relieve stress and do away with negative thoughts. You can watch videos of these exercises and can do daily in the morning. So, you must breathe away all the negative thoughts and not judge yourself on these thoughts.
- Attempt displacement theory- Note that a human being cannot think about two things at the same time. If you are thinking about the worries related to current job then you might displace your mind and try thinking about the dish that you are going to prepare in the dinner. Besides this, you may pick something that you like you do including any of your hobby.
- Focus on your goal- Whenever you feel negative, just focus on goal. It’s the end results that matter and not the unpleasant parts of the process. The moment any negative thoughts strike you, just take a halt and think why you are there and what are your goals. Thinking about your goals in the long run will make you get away with the negative thoughts.
- Detect the root cause- The best psychiatrist in Delhi advices that you must tap into the root problem and introspect yourself. You must think about the real problem that you think is giving birth to the negative thoughts. You must identify the deep rooted reason of your thinking and address the problem.
Besides this, you must also keep a check on the intensity at which you are facing these negative thinking. If you think that you cannot come out of it then it is better to consult a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist will endeavor to understand your problems and will try to get to the root problem as to what actually is making you think negative.
You can look out for the best psychiatrist in Delhi by doing your own research on the internet. Just make sure that the psychiatrist must be certified and must hold decades of experience in the respective field. Once you have approached the finest psychiatrist, you will not face problem in overcoming the negative thought pattern.
If you fear of becoming the center of attraction then you must be suffering from social anxiety disorder. When you are suffering from social phobia, you avoid getting into crowd and talk to people in social gatherings. You become conscious of everything that you do including eating, walking, talking, while giving an interview and every other activity that involves social indulgence. You must know that this behavior is not normal. Thus, you must seek guidance from a professional medical expert to get treated on the same.
This blog further discusses some of the important tips and tricks that you can use to deal with social anxiety disorder. You should give it a thorough read and make an attempt to follow them. Hopefully, they will help you in leading a better life.
Tips to deal with social anxiety disorder
- Step out of shell- The first thing to do when you are trying to overcome social phobia is to get yourself out there. You will have to go out from your shell to meet people in order to overcome the social phobia disorder. If you get an invite from your neighbor to a birthday party, then you should definitely go there. In fact, you should do things that make you uncomfortable including making a new hairdo, choosing heels over slippers, trying to crack jokes and other things. These things will not only give you confidence but will also help you in getting engaged with people.
- Seek for expert help- You must realize that it’s a disorder and should not restrict yourself to seek medical help. In case, you are feeling embarrassed about going to a psychiatrist then you can talk to him on call and seek advice. A professional psychiatrist is always ready to help the patients in whatever way they can. In fact, you might feel all the more comfortable in talking to a stranger (doctor) about your problems than talking about it with your family or friends. So, it is advised to reach to a professional to get your phobia treated at the soonest.
- Focus on health- You should focus on your own health because even bad physical health can put you in mental stress. The best way to keep your body fit and healthy is to do workout daily. With this, try to indulge in healthy eating habits with more of greens (vegetarian) and less of reds (non- vegetarian). To soothe your nerves and release stress, you can choose to have a cup of chamomile tea. Exercising here plays a big role because it releases the happy hormones in your body. You can plan to join your favorite sports or maybe dance classes. The focus is to do cardiovascular exercises and weight training, which you might do occasionally.
- Pen down goals- Better to pen down your goals, so that you know what your aim is. This part of goal setting is highly crucial when you are on our way to overcome social phobia disorder. For instance, you can write that your goal is to join a gym, explore new cafes with your friends, visit your relatives every fortnight, and be regular to office and others. These goals should involve everything that is for your personal growth. After every 7 days, you should read these rules/goals, so that you don’t forget them.
- Practice social skills- You can always improve your social skills either by reading a book or by approaching a personality development class. Here, you will learn how to interact with others, socialize with people and how to stop feeling shy in front of a social gathering. You should learn how to make introductions, remember names, give compliments, make eye contact and other things. Once you will learn public speaking skills, you will develop more confidence.
- Reward yourself- Treat yourself with a chocolate or a pizza when you achieve a set goal. You must congratulate yourself and reward yourself for each of your accomplishment. This will encourage and motivate you to be determined to follow your goals and reach them.
Thus, social anxiety disorder is curable and that you should not lose hope if you are suffering from same. You should follow the above discussed tips and reach to the best psychiatrist in Delhi. To find the most reputed doctor, you can consider shortlisting the ones that are on top of the search engines better to read the background of the doctor and also the testimonials of other patients who have already availed the mental treatment from him. It can give you an insight into the quality of treatment offered by that psychiatrist. Note that once you have reached the right psychiatrist, you can lead a normal and much healthier life. Have a happy and phobia-free life!
Suffering from migraine? Has it become hard for you to manage migraine at work? If yes then this blog will surely be of great help to you. Migraine is one of those disabling conditions that can leave the patient in acute headache, leaving him/her not in a condition to work and perform daily chores. However, may it be any mental condition, it should be an obstacle to your happy life. Whether it is at work or home, you should know the tips & tricks to manage it. You should go through the following strategies to be able to handle migraine when you are at work.
6 strategies to cope up with migraine at work
- Control environment- At work, you should control the environment. If you are a writer or at a position that requires day long sitting with computer, make sure that you raise your monitor to the eye level in order to prevent neck strains. Also, you can replace the fluorescent bulb at your desk with a one that has a mild light and keep an odor-neutralizing sachet with you. If the lighting can’t be controlled then you should go with migraine-friendly eyewear. You can browse through the internet for the same.
- Do not publicize- You must avoid advertising your this disease in the office. Though, there is much of awareness about of migraine among people but still there are chances that your colleagues at work, might consider you weak. In addition to this, many organizations are not willing to hire people that might lead to high insurance premiums by the company. Thus, it is better to keep mum about your health issues until the situation demands you to reveal.
- Good hydration- It is known that good hydration avoids migraine attacks. So, you should try to get the water cooler shifted to your workstation or request your immediate senior to get your seat shifted near to it. So, every time when you will walk past the cooler, you are likely to a have a glass of water. Just ensure that you stay well-hydrated at all times.
- Understand and accept disability- If you think that your migraine problem will bar you from being a proficient employee then you should not laid yourself back. Giving up on a job is not the solution but what you should do is to learn about the disability rights, if migraine disorder comes under that. With proper knowledge of the same, you will be able to make it to the work on your own health conditions.
- Educate to only a few- It is always better to make someone your Best Migraine Friend. As it is said, misery loves company. So, if there’s anybody else in at work who is suffering from the same disorder then you should befriend that person. This way, you both can support and take care of each other’s health, whenever the situation demands. If there is none with migraine, then you can confide in the person who is a good and trustworthy friend.
- Make no delays- Whenever you sense a migraine attack coming or if the attack is server then you should not make any delays in seeking medical help. It is advisable to act quickly, faster response will help in getting you back to a stable position. Timely migraine treatment is important, as delays can worsen it further.
Foods That Help In Migraine
There are many foods that are considered the best option for the people suffering from Migraine. To start with, you can have cherries as they have polyphenol antioxidants, which helps in preventing migraine attacks. You can blend cherries with coconut milk, honey and vanilla and then keep it in an ice cream maker. Later, you can toss them with vinegar and then dip in the melted chocolate. Even if cherries does not count in your favorite foods, now they will be.
Cucumbers works best in migraine. Since severe headaches are known to happen due to dehydration, cucumbers can cover up your water deficiency because they are 96 percent water. You can slice the cucumbers and then top those with smoked salmon or you can also make a drink out of cucumbers adding lemon and mint. With this, you can also choose to eat Swiss chard, quinoa, black eyed peas, shiitake mushrooms, ginger and others. You can check out the recipes of the said ingredients on the internet.
So, here is the time when you should not get worried of your migraine attacks anymore. Do not let this disorder to be a hindrance in your life. Just follow the above discussed tips and get moving with a smoother life. For any medical help, you can reach the best psychiatrist in Delhi. Take care!
Dealing with daily stress? Looking out ways to de-stress yourself and live a peaceful life? Here we are with the most effective and tested tips that can greatly help you in relieving your stress. Stress can arise due to your worries about job, money, relationship, family, friends, studies or anything. Stress is a normal part of life but when you are over-stressed, it can invite various other physical and mental health issues. Due to such worries, the blood pressure of your body shoots high, heart rate increases with high metabolism and blood flow. The body reacts quickly and every nerve is strained.
While talking about the effects of stress on body, they are many. The stress leads to severe effects on brain and nerves giving you the feeling of headache, low energy, irritation, sense of despair, memory issues and disturbed sleeping pattern. The heart gets affected and gets faster heartbeats with the possibility of high cholesterol and risk of heart attack. Due to stress, you may also feel nausea, changes in your daily appetite, weight gain, heartburn and even stomach ache.
Besides all these effects, the major effect is on the reproductive organs. In women, stress can lead to irregular and painful periods and even low sexual desire while in men, stress can lead to impotency, low count of sperms and much reduced sexual desire. Thus, you must know that stress in no condition, is healthy for your body. If you are stressed out then you must take all the possible measures and do every bit to reduce it.
Below discussed are some of the important and effective tips that you can follow to release your stress. Read on further to know about them-
5 Tips to deal with daily stress
- No “superhuman” urge – You are a human and not a superhuman. Accept it. More than half of your stress, results from the expectations that you have from yourself. You should accept the fact that nobody is perfect and neither are you. You should not expect perfections both from the others and from yourself, as to err is human. Set realistic expectations that can be achieved and fulfilled. If you are taking too many responsibilities than you should actually handle, you are most likely to get stressed and depressed. You should set your limits- How much can you work? How much can you handle? What should you expect? Also, you should never hesitate to take help when you need it.
- Meditate- Taking out a 10 minutes time from your super hectic schedule is not asking for much, right? You should use this time to sit, relax and calm your mind, body & soul. Set a nice instrumental music that can relax the nerves of your brain and just spend time with yourself. In this time, you just have to introspect yourself, confront your stress and find the root cause of it. It will help you in sorting out your issues.
- Eat well- The type of food we eat does affect your mood. According to the psychiatrist and other health experts, having a balanced diet leads you to a stressful life. You should try to include more and more vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and other fruits. However, it is advisable to avoid oily and spicier foods, as they can trigger your brain cells and lead to anger and stress. But yes, you can enjoy your favorite foods.
- Take a break- How about taking a break and going on a vacation? An outing with your family or maybe, a solo vacation can keep your mood balanced. Going on a vacation will divert you from your daily, monotonous routine and yes, your daily life stress as well. It will rejuvenate your body, refresh your mind and will keep your mind at peace.
- Hobby time- If you are stuck in your daily schedule, from home to office and office to home then you must take out time for yourself. Whether you love sketching, swimming, reading books, watching movies, playing golf, doing puzzles or playing board games, you should do that. Even if you take out just 15-20 minutes, you are sorted. You will feel much more relaxed.
Getting the medical help
If you are in an acute stress and all the above discussed tips are hardly working for you then you should seek for a medical help. A reputed psychiatrist can extend help in this regard and can give you proper treatment to get over acute stress, and lead a mentally healthy life. You can reach the most experienced and best psychiatrist in Delhi by doing your own research about the medical professional and by going through the testimonials of that particular psychiatry clinic that you are planning to visit. Stay stress-free, Stay healthy!
Are you suffering from depression? Worried about your intense obsessive compulsive disorder? If yes then you are at the right page. A mental disorder or a disease requires the help of a psychiatrist and choosing one can be of great challenge. If you do not have any idea of the type of disorder that you are suffering from, you will not be able to choose the right psychiatrist. And if you do know about your disease then you need to keep certain factors in mind before actually starting your treatment with a particular psychiatrist. Landing up with any psychiatrist will only make you fall in troubled waters later with no improvement in the severity of the mental disorder that you are suffering from.
Read on further to know about these factors-
Factors to be considered before choosing the best psychiatrist in Delhi
- Explore- In order to get to the finest of the fine psychiatrist, you will have to research. On browsing through the internet, you will find a number of psychiatrists but you must know that all are not well-reputed and popular. You will have to reach the one that is known for the best psychotherapies. Also, it is important to explore the types of common therapy methods, which include cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, mindful cognitive therapy, family 7 couples therapy, acceptance & commitment therapy and psychodynamic therapy. Once you have a knowledge of these types of therapies, you will have a clear idea of the specific therapy you need. Accordingly, you can look out for the concerned psychiatrist.
- Experience- Experience of a psychotherapist does count. While looking out for a psychiatrist in Delhi, you should keep a check on the experience of the doctor, as more experience leads to better treatments. If you are suffering from depression then look out for psychiatrist who specializes in treating depression and likewise, it is better to reach the doctor that has a specialization in treating the disease for which you need the treatment. Yes, you need to find the therapist for your unique fit.
- Check license and insurance- Of course, the psychiatrist that you are approaching has to be licensed. You can ask the doctor to dispense his/her license and even check the same with the state licensing board. If this information is available online then you have an easy access. Else, you can contact the board and enquire the particular psychiatrist that you are planning to visit. If you have an insurance then you would definitely want to use it. Thus, it is important to check whether the psychiatrist accepts the insurance or not. Checking both insurance and license is a prerequisite to reach the best psychiatrist in Delhi.
- Make connection- It is always better to make a connection with the psychiatrist before actually starting with the treatment process. If the psychiatrist offers the free consultation then it is a good opportunity to reach and know more about him/her. What you can do is to ask general questions about the types of therapies offered and number of sittings required to treat a specific disease, prices and other general queries. You will get an idea of the behavior and attitude of the psychiatrist by the way he/she will answer your queries. The way the doctor will treat you in the initial phase will help you in taking the decision whether to reach him/her or not.
- Ask for references- You can always ask for references of a good psychiatrist from your known-ones who have had an experience of receiving such a treatment in the past. Since they have already acquired a treatment from a specific psychiatrist in Delhi, they will able to tell you better about him/her. Consequently, you will get the clear idea of the services of the doctor and will be able to rely on him/her. References will ensure that you are reaching the right doctor and you will get the most effective treatment.
- Never settle for less- You should never settle for less when it is about your health. You should always choose the best psychiatrist. If you think that the one you have chosen is not providing the right kind of treatment, you must switch even you are in middle of your treatment sessions. No compromises have to be made here. There is no point of continuing the treatment with a doctor who is unable to treat you effectively.
Therefore, you must keep all the above discussed factors in mind and then choose the best psychiatrist in Delhi. Once you have chosen the right psychotherapist, you can rest all your worries on him/her. And yes, your disease will be treated in the minimum possible time and you will be able to lead a normal life. Wish you a happy and disease-free life! Take care.
A little knowledge about a disease can keep you and your family healthy and safe. Today in this blog I am going to share about a very serious health problem in newborns called Autism. Autism is the biggest concern of would be parents and this is the reason I have brought this blog so that you may get educated about the things a little more. Do you know that Autism has not one type but it has many types, this is the reason it has became the serious concern of parents. Autism, or autism spectrum disorder (ASD), refers to a broad range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviours, speech and nonverbal communication.*
We now know that there is not only one autism but many subtypes, and each person with autism can have unique strengths and challenges.
A combination of genetic and environmental factors influence the development of autism, and autism often is accompanied by medical issues such as:
Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders
Autism affects an estimated 1 in 59 children. Having the proper knowledge of the disease can save a lot of lives. Many researches have been done so far on this disease. Based on those, I am here presenting some very important things you must learn about the disease.
Many people with autism also have sensory issues. These can include aversions to certain sights, sounds and other sensations.
When You Can Spot the Symptoms of an Autistic Child
Symptoms of autism typically appear during the first three years of life. Some children show signs from birth. Others seem to develop normally at first, only to slip suddenly into symptoms when they are 18 to 36 months old. However, it is now recognized that some individuals may not show symptoms of a communication disorder until demands of the environment exceed their capabilities. Autism is four times more common in boys than in girls. It knows no racial, ethnic, or social boundaries. Family income, lifestyle, or educational levels do not affect a child’s chance of being autistic.
Core Symptoms of Autism are:
I am going to highlight about the core symptoms of the disease. This will help you to gain a little more knowledge about the disease and you can take the timely advice if required.
Social Communication Challenges: The first symptom is very well-known to all it is social communication challenge. A person who is suffering from Autism may face this problem. He would find it difficult to communicate with the society and this is from where one could spot a person with autism disorder.
Restricted, Repetitive Behaviour: This is another sign which will let you know about an autistic patient. You will find a restriction in their behaviour. There would be a repetition for them in doing the things. They would find it difficult to swap themselves from one task and hence would stick to one thing only.
Symptoms of Behaviour in Autism
These symptoms of autism tend to disturb a person a little more. If you are observing someone with autism then you can spot the symptoms from
Begin In Early Childhood (Though They May Go Unrecognized)
Interfere with daily living
Specialized healthcare providers diagnose autism using a checklist of criteria in the two categories above. They also assess symptom severity. Autism’s severity scale reflects how much support a person needs for daily function.
Many people with autism have sensory issues. These typically involve over- or under-sensitivities to sounds, lights, touch, tastes, smells, pain and other stimuli.
Autism is also associated with high rates of certain physical and mental health conditions.
Challenges in Social Communication
Children and adults with autism have difficulty with verbal and non-verbal communication. For example, they may not understand or appropriately use:
Spoken language (around a third of people with autism are nonverbal)
Tone of voice
Expressions not meant to be taken literally
In addition to this, there are few more social challenges that a person with autism may face
Recognizing emotions and intentions in others
Recognizing one’s own emotions
Seeking emotional comfort from others
Feeling overwhelmed in social situations
Taking turns in conversation
Gauging personal space (appropriate distance between people)
Restricted and repetitive behaviours
This behaviour is the clear sign of autism and can vary across the spectrum. It includes
Repetitive body movements (e.g. rocking, flapping, spinning, running back and forth)
Repetitive motions with objects (e.g. spinning wheels, shaking sticks, flipping levers)
Staring at lights or spinning objects
Ritualistic behaviors (e.g. lining up objects, repeatedly touching objects in a set order)
Narrow or extreme interests in specific topics
Need for unvarying routine/resistance to change (e.g. same daily schedule, meal menu, clothes, route to school)
Why Autism Happens
When a pregnant woman is exposed to certain drugs or chemicals, her child is more likely to be autistic. These risk factors include the use of alcohol, maternal metabolic conditions such as diabetes and obesity, and the use of antiseizure drugs during pregnancy. In some cases, autism has been linked to untreated phenylketonuria (called PKU, an inborn metabolic disorder caused by the absence of an enzyme) and rubella (German measles). Although sometimes cited as a cause of autism, there is no evidence that vaccinations cause autism.
Autism is not a disorder, but it needs your proper care and attention. There are many methods that have been developed to treat a child suffering from Autism. Regular counselling is something which will make them strong. It is necessary to take the required action and that too on time. If you want the right consultation then you should contact a credible doctor for the treatment of the disease. If you are looking for best doctor for autism treatment in Delhi then you can contact Dr. Shashi Bhusan for the best treatment in the same.
Mental sickness is one of the serious health concerns in India. Though there is no such classification of age for mental patients but if will consider the latest reports then it has been found that youth are more prone to mental health diseases. Our team has conducted a latest research on the mental health problems in India, and we have come with this list with you. We would be listing five most common mental health problems in Indian youth. The research data will help everyone in analyzing the situation, and if you find that someone near to you is suffering from the same then it is better to consult a psychiatrist at the earliest. Let us take a round about the most common health diseases in India.
It is a common, chronic and long-lasting disorder in which a person has uncontrollable, reoccurring thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions) that he or she feels the urge to repeat over and over. It’s a neurochemical disturbance in brain and worsens due to stressful environment. It’s treated with medication, psychotherapy or a combination of the two. An obsessive person is often guilt-ridden for having irrational thoughts and his or her inability to control them or associated compulsive behavior.
This leads to them justifying their obsessions and compulsions and therefore they are unable to seek help. Treatment duration depends upon the intensity and frequency of episodes and may be needed throughout life. The examples include a fear of contamination, experiencing unwanted sexual thoughts which are undesirable and invoke feelings of guilt and shame, religious obsessions, having excessive concerns about physical health (of self or others), compulsions are repetitive behaviors or thoughts that a person engages in to neutralize, counteract, or make their obsessions go away, like washing and cleaning in excess without satisfaction, repeatedly checking, repetitive actions, arranging or setting things in efforts to eradicate the discomfort of seeing things disordered. These obsessions and/or compulsions typically take a reasonable amount of time (more than an hour a day).
It is one of the top causes of mortality in the world today, but people still fail to recognize it. This is different from sadness. Depressive disorders can occur at any age, gender and in any socio-economic strata. A depressive episode is characterized by a two-week period marked by a depressed mood and loss of interest or pleasure in activities, which leads to a significant interference in the person’s social and occupational functioning.
These symptoms might be accompanied by a significant weight loss or decrease or increase in appetite, along with sleep disturbances, low energy levels and fatigue. Such a depressed individual might experience feelings of worthlessness or excessive or inappropriate guilt, with a difficulty in concentration, difficulty in decision making, and recurrent thoughts of death. However different doctors have different view point for the same and many have come up with the conclusion that, its cause varies from person to person, but is mainly due to deficiency of serotonin in brain.
It is also called as Bipolar Affective Disorder, in which the mood disorders can be viewed on a continuum, has one pole comprising of low moods, sadness and low levels of energy (depressive phase), as opposed to the other extreme pole comprising of excitability, euphoric or excessively cheerful moods, and high levels of energy (manic phase). The bipolar disorders are characterized by fluctuating moods, between both these opposing poles. In addition to the depressive episode, a manic episode is characterized by a distinct period of abnormally elevated, expansive or irritable mood, which persists over a period of time, along with an increase in the person’s energy levels and goal-directed activity, which lead to marked interference in the social and occupational functioning. These symptoms would persist for at least one week, during which period they need to be present for the most part of the day.
The episode is also characterized by an increased self-esteem or grandiosity, with a decreased need for sleep, which could mean that the person would feel rested after a few hours of sleep. Another typical tendency of individuals in a manic phase includes an excessive involvement of the person in activities that have a high potential for painful consequences, for example, engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or impulsive business investments, which is quite common among children, but is more often ignored than not. Characterized by excessive activity, or difficulty in controlling behavior which is not appropriate for a person’s age, there symptoms begin by the age of six to 12, and cause problems in at least two settings (such as school, home, or recreational activities. In children, problems paying attention may result in poor school performance. Although it causes impairment, particularly in modern society, many children with ADHD have a good attention span for tasks they find interesting.
It is another disorder that’s climbing the charts in the country. Indian hospitals have experienced patients with palpitation, restlessness, apprehension, trembling, flushing, dizziness, nausea breathlessness and vomiting due to a stressful event. These are nothing but anxiety. The problem is when anxiety response becomes a disorder especially after these symptoms occur frequently. Generally, people presume that the symptoms are due to a cardiac problem or a respiratory issue, and hence they visit a psychiatrist only when it’s too late. There is even the likelihood of them getting addicted to substances like alcohol, tobacco, drugs or sleeping pills as these substances give temporary relief.
This disorder goes hand in hand with depression and serotonin deficiency. Anxiety is a physiological process, which can be triggered in a situation which is perceived as being potentially dangerous, and the brain sends a message to the autonomic nervous system, thereby activating a fight or flight response. It could be manifested in the form of psychological symptoms as well, like difficulty in attention and concentration, forgetfulness, feeling a loss of control, etc, and behavioral symptoms like disturbed sleep, restlessness, fatigue as well as avoiding confrontation or high pressure situation.
Schizophrenia and the psychotic spectrum of disorders is characterized by the presence of hallucinations, delusions, disorganized thinking (which is manifested in the individual’s speech), grossly disorganized or abnormal motor behavior, and other negative symptoms like a lack of motivation or reduced emotional expressions. Hallucinations are the person’s sensations which are very vivid, but without the actual presence of a stimulus. A delusion is an individual’s false belief, which is firmly held and persists despite the presence of any contradictory evidence. Such delusions could believe that others are conspiring or plotting against the individual, a belief that external events or phenomena are being targeted at the individual, or believing that the person is a superior power, etc.
It is very hot and sensational issue that mental diseases are high in India. One is really supposed to take care of the things very minutely. Though mental diseases are common but in the meantime it is very difficult to find trusted doctors for the same. Dr. Shashi Bhushan is India’s trusted psychiatrist located in Delhi. He is expert in handling different types of mental diseases.