If you fear of becoming the center of attraction then you must be suffering from social anxiety disorder. When you are suffering from social phobia, you avoid getting into crowd and talk to people in social gatherings. You become conscious of everything that you do including eating, walking, talking, while giving an interview and every other activity that involves social indulgence. You must know that this behavior is not normal. Thus, you must seek guidance from a professional medical expert to get treated on the same.
This blog further discusses some of the important tips and tricks that you can use to deal with social anxiety disorder. You should give it a thorough read and make an attempt to follow them. Hopefully, they will help you in leading a better life.
Tips to deal with social anxiety disorder
- Step out of shell- The first thing to do when you are trying to overcome social phobia is to get yourself out there. You will have to go out from your shell to meet people in order to overcome the social phobia disorder. If you get an invite from your neighbor to a birthday party, then you should definitely go there. In fact, you should do things that make you uncomfortable including making a new hairdo, choosing heels over slippers, trying to crack jokes and other things. These things will not only give you confidence but will also help you in getting engaged with people.
- Seek for expert help- You must realize that it’s a disorder and should not restrict yourself to seek medical help. In case, you are feeling embarrassed about going to a psychiatrist then you can talk to him on call and seek advice. A professional psychiatrist is always ready to help the patients in whatever way they can. In fact, you might feel all the more comfortable in talking to a stranger (doctor) about your problems than talking about it with your family or friends. So, it is advised to reach to a professional to get your phobia treated at the soonest.
- Focus on health- You should focus on your own health because even bad physical health can put you in mental stress. The best way to keep your body fit and healthy is to do workout daily. With this, try to indulge in healthy eating habits with more of greens (vegetarian) and less of reds (non- vegetarian). To soothe your nerves and release stress, you can choose to have a cup of chamomile tea. Exercising here plays a big role because it releases the happy hormones in your body. You can plan to join your favorite sports or maybe dance classes. The focus is to do cardiovascular exercises and weight training, which you might do occasionally.
- Pen down goals- Better to pen down your goals, so that you know what your aim is. This part of goal setting is highly crucial when you are on our way to overcome social phobia disorder. For instance, you can write that your goal is to join a gym, explore new cafes with your friends, visit your relatives every fortnight, and be regular to office and others. These goals should involve everything that is for your personal growth. After every 7 days, you should read these rules/goals, so that you don’t forget them.
- Practice social skills- You can always improve your social skills either by reading a book or by approaching a personality development class. Here, you will learn how to interact with others, socialize with people and how to stop feeling shy in front of a social gathering. You should learn how to make introductions, remember names, give compliments, make eye contact and other things. Once you will learn public speaking skills, you will develop more confidence.
- Reward yourself- Treat yourself with a chocolate or a pizza when you achieve a set goal. You must congratulate yourself and reward yourself for each of your accomplishment. This will encourage and motivate you to be determined to follow your goals and reach them.
Thus, social anxiety disorder is curable and that you should not lose hope if you are suffering from same. You should follow the above discussed tips and reach to the best psychiatrist in Delhi. To find the most reputed doctor, you can consider shortlisting the ones that are on top of the search engines better to read the background of the doctor and also the testimonials of other patients who have already availed the mental treatment from him. It can give you an insight into the quality of treatment offered by that psychiatrist. Note that once you have reached the right psychiatrist, you can lead a normal and much healthier life. Have a happy and phobia-free life!