Suffering from migraine? Has it become hard for you to manage migraine at work? If yes then this blog will surely be of great help to you. Migraine is one of those disabling conditions that can leave the patient in acute headache, leaving him/her not in a condition to work and perform daily chores. However, may it be any mental condition, it should be an obstacle to your happy life. Whether it is at work or home, you should know the tips & tricks to manage it. You should go through the following strategies to be able to handle migraine when you are at work.
6 strategies to cope up with migraine at work
- Control environment- At work, you should control the environment. If you are a writer or at a position that requires day long sitting with computer, make sure that you raise your monitor to the eye level in order to prevent neck strains. Also, you can replace the fluorescent bulb at your desk with a one that has a mild light and keep an odor-neutralizing sachet with you. If the lighting can’t be controlled then you should go with migraine-friendly eyewear. You can browse through the internet for the same.
- Do not publicize- You must avoid advertising your this disease in the office. Though, there is much of awareness about of migraine among people but still there are chances that your colleagues at work, might consider you weak. In addition to this, many organizations are not willing to hire people that might lead to high insurance premiums by the company. Thus, it is better to keep mum about your health issues until the situation demands you to reveal.
- Good hydration- It is known that good hydration avoids migraine attacks. So, you should try to get the water cooler shifted to your workstation or request your immediate senior to get your seat shifted near to it. So, every time when you will walk past the cooler, you are likely to a have a glass of water. Just ensure that you stay well-hydrated at all times.
- Understand and accept disability- If you think that your migraine problem will bar you from being a proficient employee then you should not laid yourself back. Giving up on a job is not the solution but what you should do is to learn about the disability rights, if migraine disorder comes under that. With proper knowledge of the same, you will be able to make it to the work on your own health conditions.
- Educate to only a few- It is always better to make someone your Best Migraine Friend. As it is said, misery loves company. So, if there’s anybody else in at work who is suffering from the same disorder then you should befriend that person. This way, you both can support and take care of each other’s health, whenever the situation demands. If there is none with migraine, then you can confide in the person who is a good and trustworthy friend.
- Make no delays- Whenever you sense a migraine attack coming or if the attack is server then you should not make any delays in seeking medical help. It is advisable to act quickly, faster response will help in getting you back to a stable position. Timely migraine treatment is important, as delays can worsen it further.
Foods That Help In Migraine
There are many foods that are considered the best option for the people suffering from Migraine. To start with, you can have cherries as they have polyphenol antioxidants, which helps in preventing migraine attacks. You can blend cherries with coconut milk, honey and vanilla and then keep it in an ice cream maker. Later, you can toss them with vinegar and then dip in the melted chocolate. Even if cherries does not count in your favorite foods, now they will be.
Cucumbers works best in migraine. Since severe headaches are known to happen due to dehydration, cucumbers can cover up your water deficiency because they are 96 percent water. You can slice the cucumbers and then top those with smoked salmon or you can also make a drink out of cucumbers adding lemon and mint. With this, you can also choose to eat Swiss chard, quinoa, black eyed peas, shiitake mushrooms, ginger and others. You can check out the recipes of the said ingredients on the internet.
So, here is the time when you should not get worried of your migraine attacks anymore. Do not let this disorder to be a hindrance in your life. Just follow the above discussed tips and get moving with a smoother life. For any medical help, you can reach the best psychiatrist in Delhi. Take care!